Sunday, January 8, 2012

Five Things I've Learned From Horror Movies

I readily admit to being a horror movie fiend. The buildup of suspense, the eerie music and vague imagery...I love it. Chris does not share my affinity for the genre, but he's generally a good sport about it. We watched our first horror movie in months on Saturday night. The trailer made it seem like the movie we chose had potential, but "Don't be Afraid of the Dark" was not even mildly creepy. Such a let down.

The important thing is that I've gathered critical survival tips from these movies:

 5) If you find yourself in a horror movie scenario, never take a bath or shower.

4) Never volunteer to investigate the weird noises coming from outside.

3) Never volunteer to investigate weird noises, period.
(This also happens to be my philosophy for everyday life.)

2) Always carry matches. They work as well (or better) than a 75 watt light bulb.

1) Never, ever utter the words, "I'll be right back." Guaranteed death sentence.

In other words: I will be unshowered, armed with flammables, and refusing to answer the door. You've been warned.

What? You don't watch movies with your pets?
Obsession of the week: Instagram
This photo editing and sharing app is phenomenal. Easy to use, fun filters/effects that give your photos a retro feel, and you can either take photos through the app or use ones already on your camera roll.



5 comments:

JNIZ said...

I am with Chris!!!! Ugh! Scream!Gasp! Burn and Die! Our lovely daddyo was trying to get me to watch a horror flick at night with him,the coyotes,bigfoot,and aliens.Not going to happen.Tempting, I know be still my beating heart.It may be a chicken heart but its the only one I got......................=)

Jaggy said...

Do you have any idea how many times I've heard weird bumps while I'm in the shower? I think about it all the time when I'm in there, and pulling back that shower curtain is never easy. I could die in there!

Hehe, I like the idea of carrying matches. You know, the people on CSI always seem to find the tiniest speck of evidence with just a crappy flashlight, so your matches should be able to highlight anything in a room!

Everyday Obscurity said...

JNIZ: I'll bet he was bluffing about that movie... Love the Bill Cosby reference!

Jaggy: I glad that I'm not the only one who thinks of these things. There is definitely a reason that I check to make sure ALL the doors are locked before I get in the shower!

kev said...

wow jake's eyes in the first pic are enough for a horror movie in themselves

Everyday Obscurity said...

Kev, I thought it was quite fitting as well!