Monday, January 16, 2012

Weekend Wanderings

Last week was rather busy, with appointments taking up unexpectedly large portions of my time, but the weekend was delightfully low-key. We hit up a flea market on Saturday morning, where I scored an awesome sliver plated swan. This purchase was understandably puzzling to Chris. I suppose that the sudden necessity of a silver swan does beg the question, "Why would you ever need a swan?" but it should only be asked once you have molded your features into a suitably dramatic look of disbelief. My husband has perfected this look.

Ta-da!! Even Chris admitted that my swan cleaned up nicely.
I'm not usually the type of person that buys and displays bric-a-brac, but I've been warming to the idea of adding a few rather whimsical pieces to our decor. We're in the final stage of the home-buying process and my goal, once we move, is to start decorating in a way that makes our home look pulled together and complete. Our housing situation has been in a somewhat constant state of flux - always temporary - so I've held off on the details that would complete our decor. This swan marks a change in that way of thinking!

Sunday saw us heading to church (I think we've finally found one that suits us!) and then to the park just outside of our soon-to-be new neighborhood. I neglected to take pictures while we were there since it was a balmy 35 degrees outside. My hands stayed in my pockets and, despite gloves, were still freezing. The park was lovely, with well-kept trails and nicely appointed overlooks of the valley and river.

That smile stayed firmly in place for the entire trip to the park.
Yellow tulips to brighten my day. I'm married to a pretty sweet guy.

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes."  - Marcel Proust

No comments: