Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Beat Goes On

Life has kept me hopping lately - no rest for the wicked I guess. I worked the closing shift for most of last week, which meant that I got to experience the frustration joy of being delayed by last-minute customers nearly every day. We actually got out of the office on time Saturday, and I went home for about an hour before heading off to book club. 

Oh yeah, I joined a book club. And consequently discovered that, either due to the higher elevation or the fact that I really haven't drank for six months or so, alcohol affects me way differently than it used to. "Your body can process one drink an hour" no longer applies to this girl. Lesson learned.

Book club adjourned after discussing The Hunger Games (which was fantastic), and we headed to a bar to listen to our host's boyfriends' band play their very last gig. The notable thing about this was that the bar happened to be located in the Bermuda Triangle of downtown. This area of downtown has boggled my mind since we moved to Boise. I can't really explain why it confuses me, other than the fact that it's almost like a town within a town and I never go there alone since I'm 98% certain that I would never make it back out. Add in the issue of overly-potent alcohol and I was hopelessly lost - at which point I phoned home for an emergency extraction and called it a night.

On Sunday we hosted a BBQ with friends, and Monday evening saw me heading to softball practice since I decided to join a team through work. I warned the team captain before I signed up that my only experience with the game was making daisy chains in the outfield during T-ball; we were both relieved to discover that I am apparently capable of functioning on the field and at bat. We have a great group of people on the team so it should be a fun experience.

Soaking up some rays 
We also met a few more of the neighbors last weekend. Unfortunately some of these relationships are off to a rocky start...



"What ever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it."
- Eckhart Tolle

No comments: