Wednesday, May 11, 2016

A Little Peek

At my to do list as of week 36! 26 days to go and I might be freaking out just a little... And quite frankly, I'm just too dang tired to go through the photo editing process to include pictures of our most recent shenanigans this time around.
(hangs head in shame and promptly falls asleep)

Freezer Meals/Foods:
Turkey mini meatballs
Banana muffins
Zucchini bread, sliced
Breakfast burritos
Quinoa taco skillet
JalapeƱo turkey burgers x2 (1 batch done)
Waffles (done, but will probably do another batch before Little Miss arrives)
Beef enchiladas (done)
Chicken enchiladas (done)
Chili (done)
Taco soup x2 (done)
Turkey stroganoff (done)
Spaghetti sauce x2 (done)

Baby Prep:
Nursery dresser, repair and paint
Wash pack and play
Organize nursery closet and dresser
Wash and fold 0-3 month laundry
Wash swaddles/blankets
Wash burp rags
Wash Boppy covers
Wash and install infant carseat
Set up swing/bouncer
Sort Jr's old clothes for gender neutral items (done)
Assemble crib (done)

Misc:
Make meal inventory sheet for freezer
Write down Jr's daily schedule and meals for hospital stay
Pack hospital bag
Purchase new toy, book, and puzzle for Jr during hospital stay
Decide on homecoming outfit (done) 
Shower thank you notes (done)


Pregnancy Update
How far along: 36 weeks

Maternity clothes: I'm all about comfort these days... 

Sleep: Reasonable, but still less than I would like. Luckily we are hitting that point where I'm tired enough during the day that I can usually catch a quick nap while Jr is sleeping - if I make it a priority.

Best moment lately: There have been so many wonderful things lately! Finding out during the last ultrasound that Little Miss has hair! The baby shower was beautiful and such a fun afternoon!

Missing anything: Other than just not having a belly "in the way" of everything? It's been a more comfortable pregnancy than the first time around, so while I'm definitely excited to meet our Little Miss, I'm not in a rush for pregnancy to be over.

Movement: So much rolling! Every few days she has a day or two where things are quieter than normal (but still with safe kick counts) and then she gets back to her gymnastics.

Cravings: Not really? I get passing cravings for random things, but they're generally not strong enough to be memorable.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Yes, but I have no idea what it is! I've been having random bouts of nausea, but they're short lived. Heartburn is a big one for making me feel sick, but I've been keeping up on my water intake and antacids so it hasn't been too bad.

Gender: A Girl!

Labor signs: Just the usual Braxton Hicks at this point. Some days are more uncomfortable than others, and they compress my diaphragm a bit so it makes me cough, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Symptoms: T-I-R-E-D! The relaxin is really kicking in, so my hip pops with every step and my pelvis generally feels like jello. Little Miss has dropped pretty far too, so I've been having a bit of trouble with my sciatic nerve getting compressed by her little noggin! A bit of foot swelling here, a bit of heartburn there - it seems like there's a sprinkling of just about everything.

Happy or moody: There's no telling these days! I've cried and laughed over the most random things.
Here's a definite cry though - you're welcome.

Looking forward to: Finishing up the nursery! It seems like no matter how much time I've spent in there I'm really not making much progress.

Baby gear/preparations: We have a few gaps to fill in - mainly with clothes and a few pieces of gear. The main preparation that is still hanging over my head is finishing the dresser so I can get on with organizing the nursery!

Funny moments: My pregnancy cheating is back in full swing! It was one of those had to be there moments, but pregnancy brain + learning a new board game + after 9pm = unintentional cheating GALORE...

"Do it or don't. It's amazing how many things in life are that easy."
Henry Rollins

No comments: