Monday, May 30, 2016

One Week...

Well here we are, just over a week from D-day! The last month has simultaneously dragged on and flown right by. The good news? We've made a very respectable dent in the to-do list with only breakfast burritos for the freezer, a freezer inventory sheet, filling the nursery dresser, and a "final" house cleaning remaining. The bad news? There really isn't any, but I am getting a bit of pre-baby jitters.

My plan for this last week is to relax (as much as being 9 months pregnant and sleep-deprived will allow), enjoy all of the snuggles that Jr can tolerate, and hopefully complete at least the main piece of nursery artwork during his naps. And to stay indoors since the weather has decided that moderate 70 degree days are overrated and we need a weeklong run of sky-high temperatures. Yuck.

He's very thoughtful about choosing where to put his scribbles.

We've successfully made it out to the farm for berries every week this month.

Just a couple more days for the paint to cure and I can finish the nursery!
They have the same walk, and it cracks me up.

We found (plastic) Hot Wheels at the Dollar Store, which accompany us everywhere.


Pregnancy Update
How far along: 39 weeks

Maternity clothes: Not going to lie, I'm pretty much avoiding outings that require things like real pants. They still fit, I just prefer my comfortable sweats.

Sleep: Not enough, but hey, I'm (mostly) functioning!

Best moment lately: Just trying to soak in the last bit of time where Jr will have my sole attention.

Missing anything: Wine, of all things, has been sounding fantastic lately. Oh, and I may or may not have told Chris that he needs to bring salmon nigiri to me while I'm in the hospital - SO looking forward to that as well!

Movement: I'm 95% certain that she is planning to exit via my ribs. The downside of being pregnant and short with a short torso is the baby "dropping" just means I get hit in more places!

Cravings: Sweet, salty - pretty much anything that isn't healthy.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Heartburn is running rampant, but only for a few more days!

Gender: A Girl!

Labor signs: A LOT of Braxton Hicks and stronger contractions too, mostly in the afternoons and evenings. Apparently the amount of false labor you have varies with every pregnancy. I'm definitely having way more than I did the first time around - which is kind of nerve-wracking even though it's not passing into the timing criteria for early labor.

Symptoms: Tired and achy, but aside from the extra contractions I'm having an easier time than I did with Jr.

Happy or moody: Chris may have a different opinion (which he is wisely keeping to himself), but I feel like I've been fairly mellow for this late in the game. Unless we're grocery shopping and you've decided to block an entire aisle to gawk at your phone. #aintnobodygottimeforthat 

Looking forward to: Meeting our Little Miss!

Baby gear/preparations: We're pretty much set!

"In a household of toddlers and pets, we discover this rule of thumb about happy families - that they are least two-thirds incontinent."
Robert Brault

No comments: