Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Pleasant Monotony

The past week has been uneventful, and it was a relatively enjoyable change of pace. My softball game was rained out, I worked a Saturday shift for a coworker, and then spent the remainder of the weekend working on a graphic design project and catching up on stuff around the house.

The only legitimate piece of excitement was that I hit the 90 day mark at work recently and they gave me a new camera to celebrate! Our previous camera, purchased shortly before our wedding, was so outdated that the iPhone has been our camera of choice for quite some time.



Project of the Week: Front yard tree rings
I'm not a huge fan of tree rings, and I'm even less of a fan of rock beds as a form of landscaping. Considering that our front yard contained both, something had to be done. We decided to switch out the rocks for mulch until we make a solid plan for updating the yard.

Yikes, right?

Halfway there...

Not perfect, but definitely improved!

"Gardening is a matter of your enthusiasm holding up until your back gets 
used to it."
Author Unknown

No comments: