Monday, April 23, 2012

Here Comes The Sun

It feels like I've missed out on a good portion of March and April, but I think (dare I say it) that the worst is behind me with the crazy health issues of late. Life rushed by, literally, while I was sleeping, but I'm starting to feel better on a regular basis.

The weather has been amazing here in Boise over the past week - sunny and breezy with highs in the 80s and 90s. We've been taking advantage of the warm weather by cruising around the neighborhood on our new-to-us bicycles and getting out for some hiking in the foothills. 




The only downside of the rising temperatures is that they bring weird and angry people out in droves, which has made work a little strange lately. The good experiences still outweigh the unpleasant ones*, but my patience has definitely failed me a few times. 

*Complaining about an employee following procedure and then lying about how long you've been waiting on said employee to finish your requests demands does nothing for your credibility and only serves to turn both the employee and management against you. Also, don't try to intimidate employees by getting aggressive. The only person you're impressing is yourself as everyone else has written you off as a schmuck.

Obsession of the week: Rit Dye Powder
I ran across a post about dyeing jeans on Centsational Girl a few months ago, but I've been too nervous to try it myself until recently. I used one packet of navy blue with a dash of black and I'm pretty pleased with the way the jeans turned out. 

My refreshed jeans made their debut on a casual Friday at work and my coworkers were incredulous when I told them that I had dyed the jeans I was wearing. Next on my list is trying their "Denim" color, which I'm hoping will have less of a purple tinge.




"Be enthusiastic.  Remember the placebo effect - 30% of medicine is showbiz."
Ronald Spark

2 comments:

jniz said...

I like the dyed jeans.Who'd a thought.Good find may have to try it on some of mine.

Everyday Obscurity said...

It's such an easy way to update faded jeans! All you need is the dye, a bucket, some hot water, and about 15 minutes. I would highly recommend working with the bucket of dye in a bathtub though, as an extra precaution. I usually have to bleach the tub when I'm finished.