Monday, February 6, 2012

Happy Accident

I was originally supposed to be laid up from a procedure this weekend, but thanks to a few miscommunications and a last-minute save I avoided both the procedure (at least for this week) and a $3,500 out-of-network bill. Phew! The next time that I am being sent anywhere for medical stuff I am confirming that they are sending me in-network for my insurance before I leave their office!

On the bright side, it was a gorgeous weekend and I was thrilled not to spend it indoors. Cold and clear with intensely blue skies - my absolute favorite winter weather. We took the pup and wandered a few of the foothill trails on Saturday morning. A couple of the trails that we had hoped to take were closed due to muddy conditions, but there were so many other options that we didn't even miss them. While there we met a gentleman who had adopted a one-year-old Italian Greyhound mix from a shelter the same year that we adopted our Whippet mix and found that they were amusingly similar in both looks and temperament. Small talk while our pups were playing led to discovering that he had moved to the area this past summer as well (from a climate similar to the Willamette Valley) and was loving the high-desert weather and Boise's charm just as much as we have been.

Glorious winter sunshine. I don't think I will ever get over this blessing.
 

In between our errands and outings I was on my computer, mostly for graphic design, but also trying to find a cookbook holder for our soon-to-be new kitchen. I will actually have counter and cupboard space once we move!! Our current kitchen is tiny, at least in the storage/counter space department, so I have avoided leaving anything other than the bare essentials on the counter. While perusing Target's online offerings, I noticed something on the corner of my laptop.


 

He's so subtle when he's demanding asking for some extra attention. Apparently snuggles on a cozy, blanket covered lap just aren't enough sometimes.

Obsession of the Week: Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know
I may or may not have had this playing on repeat for the past week or so... either way I still adore it.

No comments: